7.9.1 release notes
July 24, 2014
I am happy to announce the General Availability of Hippo CMS 7.9.1 and the 7.8 to 7.9 Upgrade pack. This update marks that all aspects of the Hippo Enterprise Edition are generally available for implementation by Hippo Customers and Hippo Certified Partners and that the software is supported in production in any project. See also the background information on FCS and GA releases.
In this update we have focused on the quality and stability of the product and we have introduced a few improvements that I will highlight below. For an overview of all features introduced in Hippo CMS 7.9.0 see its release notes.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in contact.
Have a great summer!
Oscar Scholten - Product Manager
Main new functionality:
- The 7.8 to 7.9 Upgrade Pack is now available for customers that have an Enterprise Subscription. The Upgrade Pack contains an upgrade trail explaining the steps that need to be taken to upgrade a 7.8 project to 7.9 and tooling to automate some of the necessary steps. A new tool called the Hippo Bootstrap Configuration Upgrade Verifier is introduced to support projects and developers during the upgrade between major Hippo CMS versions.
- Support for multiple site webapps in the channel manager - it is now possible to manage all channels from all site webapps through the Channel Manager interface. Also, the links that are created across multiple web apps have been improved.
- Customers using the Relevance Module can now use an avatar image for their personas.
- Several improvements menu management - next to a mechanism to expand and collapse a menu while editing, we have implemented several smaller UI improvements to improve the editing experience.
- Hippo CMS 7.9 is now certified to run on Oracle WebLogic 12c.
- Support for Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) has been added - end users can now use IE 11 to access all functionality of Hippo CMS. However, charts in the reporting dashboard are not displayed correctly by IE 11.
- French and German translations are available for all functionality newly introduced in Hippo CMS 7.9.0.
- Support for logging into the CMS using the Italian language preference has been dropped.
- Customers that are upgrading from Hippo CMS 7.8 and are using EasyForms are strongly advised to switch to Enterprise Forms. EasyForms is no longer a certified plugin. An upgrade procedure is available as part of the documentation (requires login).
To try out the new functionality of Hippo CMS 7.9 using the Maven archetype see instructions in the Getting Started Trail.
Other than the added support for WebLogic and IE 11 there are no changes to the system requirements. See the system requirements page for more details on the supported stack for the Community and Enterprise Editions.
There are a few known issues that we plan to address in a future maintenance release:
- CMS7-8066 - Cannot remove individual files from image upload dialog
- CMS7-8132 - Auto scroll in edit menu is not seamless
- CMS7-8133 - Long menu wrapping is not UI friendly
- CMS7-7988 - After adding a mixin to a document type the document editor will only show and render the related mixin plugin for new documents