11.2.5 release notes
Januari 29, 2018.
The new maintenance release 11.2.5 is available for general use. This release includes bug fixes and improvements in core, enterprise and plugins.
For Hippo Enterprise Customers and Partners a new Upgrade Verifier from version 10.2.9 to 11.2.5 is available. Please upgrade your project to this latest maintenance release, see the minor upgrade instructions for more information.
The new versions of these module artifacts have been made available earlier and are now bundled up in this maintenance release. If your project already uses such newer artifact versions via project pom overrides remove them before starting the upgrade procedure.
We encourage all projects to remain on the regular maintenance release. Using a tagged artifact that is not yet part of a maintenance release should only be done if there is a specific reason and only after testing in your specific project setup.
See the Security issues list for security related issues fixed in this maintenance release.
As of Hippo CMS 12.1.0, 12.0.3, 11.2.4 and 10.2.8, a new LockManager service is provided as a more scalable, lightweight and resilient solution to ensure sequential process execution across a Hippo CMS cluster. This new service provides a superior alternative solution from using ‘native’ JCR based locking. The LockManager servcice can also be used for obtaining cluster-wide master selection.
Technical details and more background information is available at: Lock Manager service
Using JCR locking for short living locks in general doesn't cause problems. If however longer lived locks are needed, the JCR locking API has limitations which may cause lock timeouts under extreme conditions with concurrent and long-running JCR sessions.
To guarantee proper locking semantics in a scalable way, even in such extreme conditions, a new LockManager service is provided which doesn’t use or depend on JCR.
This new LockManager service has been designed to be more lightweight and easier to use and manage, and now replaces all usages of the native JCR lock and JCR-based HippoLock API throughout the core of the product.
Because lock management plays a critical role in core product features (Workflow, Scheduling, Relevance, Replication, etc.), the new LockManager service and its usages is also backported for all currently supported releases. The maintenance releases v12.0.3, v11.2.4, and v10.2.8 therefore now also provide this major technical improvement.
Note: The upgrade will by default automatically take care of setting up an additional database table needed for the LockManager. If database schema management is restricted in your environment please make sure to checkout the following upgrade notes first: Upgrade 11.2.3 to 11.2.4.
BloomReach Enterprise Repository
As of BloomReach Experience 11.2.4, the Enterprise Repository introduced in the v12.0 release, is now also available in this maintenance release, v11.2.4 , including the enhancements provided by v12.1 :
Protected concurrent initialization of multiple cluster instances. This enhancement, which uses the new LockManager service, now supports fast initialization and scaling out of clustered environment without delay. Without the protected cluster initialization, new cluster instances were required to be started one-by-one in sequence. This no longer is necessary which can hugely speed up creating or scaling out a clustered environment, especially when combined with the new Lucene Index Export Addon.
The Enterprise Repository will automatically be added when converting a project to BloomReach Experience with Essentials (see below).
For more information on the Enterprise Repository see: Hippo Maven Enterprise Repository Manual
All artifact version can be found on the Release version overview page.
Hippo CMS - Version 4.2.9
- [CMS-10945] - [Backport to 11.2] CKEditor hippopicker should define requiredContent rules per button
Hippo CMS - Version 4.2.10
- [CMS-10942] - CK Editor: extraAllowedContent wrongly appended
- [CMS-11058] - Update copyright year on login screen to 2018
- [CMS-10917] - CKEditor hippoautosave plugin: wrap scheduleSave() in a setTimeout
- [CMS-11040] - [Backport 11.2] Improvement on validation of svg images
- [CMS-11046] - [Backport 11.2] Improved cleaning
- [CMS-11050] - [UpdaterEditor Backport 11.2] Provide support for custom node selection/navigation
Addon Channel Manager - Version 4.2.5
- [CHANNELMGR-1674] - [Backport to 11.2] Site menu editor advanced settings not working properly
Hippo Repository - Version 4.2.6
- [REPO-1918] - [Backport 11.2] LockManager usage issue in clustered environment
- [REPO-1927] - [Back port to 11.2] SecurityManager doesn't sanitize userId in case of external providers to get memberships
- [REPO-1923] - [UpdateExecutor Backport 11.2] Provide support for custom node selection/navigation
Hippo Site Toolkit 2 - Version 4.2.6
- [HSTTWO-4194] - [Backport 11.2] When session pool is exhausted, binaries servlet can behave incorrectly possibly not freeing locked blocking cache entries
- [HSTTWO-4215] - [Backport 11.2] Improved sitemenu link validation
Hippo Targeting - Version 4.2.8
- [BT-2024] - [Backport 11.2] Visitor not giving consent still ends up with a _visitor cookie
- [BT-2032] - [Backport 11.2] Make sure after the cluster wide lock is obtained, a JCR cluster sync is triggered
Hippo Enterprise - Version replication-4.2.2
- [ENT-1158] - [Backport 11.2] Make sure after the cluster wide lock is obtained, a JCR cluster sync is triggered