11.2.4 release notes
December 4, 2017.
The new maintenance release 11.2.4 is available for general use. This release includes bug fixes and improvements in core, enterprise and plugins. For Hippo Enterprise Customers and Partners a new Upgrade Verifier from version 10.2.8 to 11.2.4 is available. Please upgrade your project to this latest maintenance release, see the minor upgrade instructions for more information.
The new versions of these module artifacts have been made available earlier and are now bundled up in this maintenance release. If your project already uses such newer artifact versions via project pom overrides remove them before starting the upgrade procedure.
We encourage all projects to remain on the regular maintenance release. Using a tagged artifact that is not yet part of a maintenance release should only be done if there is a specific reason and only after testing in your specific project setup.
See the Security issues list for security related issues fixed in this maintenance release.
As of Hippo CMS 12.1.0, 12.0.3, 11.2.4 and 10.2.8, a new LockManager service is provided as a more scalable, lightweight and resilient solution to ensure sequential process execution across a Hippo CMS cluster. This new service provides a superior alternative solution from using ‘native’ JCR based locking. The LockManager servcice can also be used for obtaining cluster-wide master selection.
Technical details and more background information is available at: Lock Manager service
Using JCR locking for short living locks in general doesn't cause problems. If however longer lived locks are needed, the JCR locking API has limitations which may cause lock timeouts under extreme conditions with concurrent and long-running JCR sessions.
To guarantee proper locking semantics in a scalable way, even in such extreme conditions, a new LockManager service is provided which doesn’t use or depend on JCR.
This new LockManager service has been designed to be more lightweight and easier to use and manage, and now replaces all usages of the native JCR lock and JCR-based HippoLock API throughout the core of the product.
Because lock management plays a critical role in core product features (Workflow, Scheduling, Relevance, Replication, etc.), the new LockManager service and its usages is also backported for all currently supported releases. The maintenance releases v12.0.3, v11.2.4, and v10.2.8 therefore now also provide this major technical improvement.
Note: The upgrade will by default automatically take care of setting up an additional database table needed for the LockManager. If database schema management is restricted in your environment please make sure to checkout the following upgrade notes first: Upgrade 11.2.3 to 11.2.4.
BloomReach Enterprise Repository
As of BloomReach Experience 11.2.4, the Enterprise Repository introduced in the v12.0 release, is now also available in this maintenance release, v11.2.4 , including the enhancements provided by v12.1 :
Protected concurrent initialization of multiple cluster instances. This enhancement, which uses the new LockManager service, now supports fast initialization and scaling out of clustered environment without delay. Without the protected cluster initialization, new cluster instances were required to be started one-by-one in sequence. This no longer is necessary which can hugely speed up creating or scaling out a clustered environment, especially when combined with the new Lucene Index Export Addon.
The Enterprise Repository will automatically be added when converting a project to BloomReach Experience with Essentials (see below).
For more information on the Enterprise Repository see: Hippo Maven Enterprise Repository Manual
All artifact version can be found on the Release version overview page.
Hippo Repository - Version 4.2.3
- [REPO-1864] - [Backport 11.2] getDisplayName() returns wrong value for virtual node
- [REPO-1865] - [Backport 11.2] ItemNotFoundException when invoking HippoNode.getDisplayName() for the root node
- [REPO-1832] - [back port to 11.2] Make ExpandingCopyHandler class public (and also it's constructor)
Hippo Repository - Version 4.2.4
- [REPO-1893] - [Backport 11.2, proper] ItemNotFoundException when invoking HippoNode.getDisplayName() for the root node
- [REPO-1881] - [Backport 11.2] Implement new LockManager service and replace all deprecated HippoLock and HippoLockManager usages
- [REPO-1887] - [Backport 11.2] LockManager unit tests improvements
Hippo Repository - Version 4.2.5
- [REPO-1903] - [Backport 11.2] Upgrade to latest CXF 3.1.x version
Hippo CMS - Version 4.2.6
- [CMS-10895] - backport 11.2 When using a multiple compound with a date field, adding a new field clears the values date in previous fields
Hippo CMS - Version 4.2.7
- [CMS-10960] - [Back port to 11.2] MixinPlugin: incorrect styling when mixin name has two words
- [CMS-10964] - [Back port to 11.2] Regression: three column layout for cms document gives errors
Hippo CMS - Version 4.2.8
- [CMS-10995] - [Backport 11.2] CMS does not manage commons-beanutils dependency (2nd)
- [CMS-11003] - [Backport 11.2.x] Fix NPE in TabsPlugin
- [CMS-10993] - [Backport 11.2] Upgrade to latest CXF 3.1.x version
Hippo Site Toolkit 2 - Version 4.2.5
- [HSTTWO-4035] - [Back-port to 4.2] - Non-ASCII URL parameter names are not encoded/decoded correctly
- [HSTTWO-4125] - [Backport to 11.2] HST tag hst:messagesReplace misbehaves when its body contains the hst:include tag
- [HSTTWO-4141] - [backport 4.2] QueryStringBuilder#encodeName does not use correct set of allowed characters
- [HSTTWO-4163] - Using Component Info inheritance leads to "Ignoring duplicate parameter" warnings
- [HSTTWO-4172] - [Backport 11.2] Integration tests issues due to IT tests extending from RepostioryTestCase and others using Spring wired repository
- [HSTTWO-4171] - [Backport 11.2] Upgrade to latest CXF 3.1.x version
Addon Channel Manager - Version 4.2.3
- [CHANNELMGR-1530] - [back port to 11.2] The ChannelManager does not work when a site uses require.js: dragula object not loaded
Addon Channel Manager - Version 4.2.4
- [CHANNELMGR-1614] - [Backport 11.2] Upgrade to latest CXF 3.1.x version
Hippo Plugins - Version relateddocs-4.2.1
- [HIPPLUG-1512] - Forward port 11.2: When "Total suggestions" is empty you cannot save or close a document
Hippo Enterprise - Version caching-1.0.1
- [ENT-1147] - [Backport 11.2] Upgrade to Jackson2 2.8.8
Hippo Enterprise Forms - Version 3.2.3
- [EFORMS-516] - [Backport 11.2] Upgrade to Jackson2 2.8.8
Hippo Enterprise - Version replication-4.2.1
- [ENT-1141] - [Backport 11.2] Replace repository locks with LockManager in replication addon
- [ENT-1144] - [Backport 11.2] Upgrade to latest CXF 3.1.x version
Hippo Targeting - Version 4.2.4
- [BT-1982] - Backport 11.2 MarkerClusterer using invalid image location
- [BT-1981] - Support configurable httpOnly for _visitor cookie
- [BT-1996] - [Backport 4.2] [visits-aggregation] Add requests to existing visits in batches to prevent excessive memory allocation
Hippo Targeting - Version 4.2.5
- [BT-2003] - [Backport 11.2] JSON mapper fails on existing remoteAddr property
Hippo Targeting - Version 4.2.6
- [BT-2006] - [Backport 11.2] ClusterNodeId column size at personastatistics table is too small
- [BT-2012] - [Backport 11.2] Trends not working with Elasticsearch 5 for local development
- [BT-2013] - Build failure on Windows
- [BT-2010] - [Backport 11.2] Replace repository locks with LockManager
Hippo Targeting - Version 4.2.7
- [BT-2018] - [Backport 11.2] Upgrade to latest CXF 3.1.x version
BloomReach Enterprise Repository - Version 4.2.0
- [EREPO-9] - [Backport 11.2] Leverage new LockManager for hardened (serialized) repository initialization process
- [EREPO-13] - [Backport 11.2] Provide fallback behavior when using non-database lock manager (no cluster config)
Hippo Enterprise - Version hippo-enterprise-packages-2.2.0
- ENT-1133 - Add new hippo-enterprise-packages project
- ENT-1136 - [Backport 11.2] hippo-enterprise-packages
Hippo CMS7 Project - 28.8
- [ CMS-10993 ] - [Backport 11.2] Upgrade to latest CXF 3.1.x version
- [ CMS-10735 ] - Use latest patched 2.10.1-h16 jackrabbit version in project pom