Building a Website
This trail will guide you through the development of GoGreen, a Hippo-based web site on environmental friendliness. Using an agile approach, you will complete several development sprints. In each sprint you will deliver a working site and increase your Hippo knowledge level at the same time. At the end of the trail, you will have a good idea of the development tasks involved in the implementation of a Hippo-based web site.
The scope of this trail is restricted to the development of features in a Hippo-based web site. In the real world the process of delivering such features involves more than just development and includes among others: collaboration, version control, quality control, release management and deployment strategies. Those aspects are outside the scope of this trail.
Before you start this trail, you must:
- Have experience with basic web technologies like HTML and CSS.
- Have experience with templating languages like Freemarker or similar.
- Have Java 7 and Maven 3 installed.
- Know how to create, build and run a Hippo project.
- Be familiar with the Hippo CMS User Interface.
Using an agile approach, the project will be completed and your knowledge increased in three consecutive sprints:
Go ahead and start with sprint 1!