End User Manual
Hippo CMS allows you to create content, customize the look and feel of your pages, manage the channels through which you communicate your content and monitor how site visitors interact with your content. Combined, these features help you create outstanding customer experiences. This walkthrough helps you get started on authoring and editing with Hippo CMS. Since most day to day activities of content editors takes place in the Browse Workspace, this manual focuses on this workspace.
Use the credentials provided on the login page to log in as author, editor or admin. Depending on your role, you will see icons as below that open into Workspaces.
|Shows your Todo-list, an overview the most recent changes to the CMS, and allows password changes.||
|Offered as part of our Enterprise offering, Advanced search helps you manage content through a combination of powerful search functions and bulk actions on selections within the search result.|
|Helps you manage the various channels where content is published. You also see a preview of your (yet unpublished) changes.||
|An optional module in our Enterprise offering, the Relevance Module helps marketers target site visitors with custom site appearance and personalized content, based on characteristics of each individual visitor.|
|Browse Workspace is where you add, change and remove your content.||
|Reports (depending on the edition you are running) statistics about usage, pages most visited, broken links etc.|
|Allows administrators to manage users, groups, permissions and system properties.||
|Allows administrators and developers to manage content updater scripts (not available in Enterprise online demo).|
- To create a new document login as an author. Use the credentials displayed on the top right corner.
- You will be presented with a dashboard. Click on the go to documents button.
- Search for a document by for example entering 'dynamo' in the search box and press enter. This will show results in the document listing view. Click on the document name to view it in the editor. Clicking Edit will allow you to further edit this document.
- You can create a document by in any folder by clicking on the pop-up menu button. Move your mouse pointer onto any folder name, and click on the pop-up button to open the menu. The menu will have several options depending on which folder you clicked on. To create a document click on Add new document menu item. You get a wizard in which you can type in the document name and select the type of the document.
- The new document dialog shows available/configured document types you can create in this folder. Create a new blog article.
- The document editor provides a way to edit the fields in a document. The document can also contain various meta data properties like tags, related documents, taxonomy etc. You can edit the document and add content to different fields. The Rich Text Editor area allows you to include internal links to another document or allows embedding of images in the content.
- If you are creating a News Article, make sure that you are in the news/YEAR/MONTH folder. This is necessary for the news article to appear at the appropriate location in the website
- After you edit the document you can preview it by clicking on the View Button and choosing the channel (mobile/web) that you would like to see it in.
Once you are done editing a document and satisfied with the way it looks in the preview, you can request for publication of the document. An editor can see your changes and approve or reject the request. After editing a document, click on the publication actions menu and select the Publish (request) .. action.This will send a request to editors and as an editor you can accept or reject this request for publication.
Logout of CMS and login as editor(username/password: editor/editor). After you login you can see the new request(s) in the ToDo list in the dashboard.
When you click on the document, Hippo CMS automatically opens the corresponding document for viewing. You can click on the Requests menu to either accept or reject the request for publication.
- You can upload images to the gallery and upload PDFs and other assets to the Assets. Just click on the corresponding sections in the documents accordion to bring up the Image folder listing or Asset folder listing. Moving your mouse on to any of the folder reveals the pop-up-button. Click on the pop-up button to create a new folder or upload a new image etc.
- Faceted Navigations allows to provide a better navigation for your website. Hippo CMS provides various ways to customize and create faceted navigation for your website. The Hippo Go Green website uses Faceted Navigation in several places. For example, the refine selection on Products page, uses faceted navigation, which dynamically filters the products based on your selection.
- Hippo CMS has many other Great Features that help you rapidly build content driven websites. To find out more about Hippo CMS, read the on-line documentation or contact us via our onehippo.com website.