Build a Website
This tutorial will guide you through the development of GoGreen, Hippo's demo web site. The tutorial follows two development iterations. In each iteration you will deliver a working site and increase your Hippo knowledge level at the same time. At the end of the tutorial, you will have a good idea of the basic development tasks involved in the implementation of a Hippo-based web site.
Before you start this tutorial, you must:
- Have experience with basic web technologies like HTML and CSS.
- Have experience with templating languages like Freemarker or similar.
- Have Java 8 and Maven 3 (3.2.1+) installed.
- Know how to create, build and run a Hippo project.
- Be familiar with the Hippo CMS User Interface.
Experience with Java development is not required because you will exclusively use standard components.
- Download the GoGreen web design from Github.
- Start with the first task: Select Out-of-the-Box Features!
- The source code of each completed iteration can be downloaded/cloned from Github if you want to skip an iteration. We do recommend you follow the entire tutorial if you are new to Hippo.
- See the troubleshooting page if you have any issues, or ask your questions at the developer forum.
1. Configure Out-of-the-Box Features
2. Develop New Features
|Scope||Select and configure out-of-the-box Banner, News and Search features and apply the GoGreen web design to them.||Customize page layout and develop a new Products feature using standard components.|
|Code on Github||https://github.com/onehippo/website-tutorial/tree/iteration-1-v11||https://github.com/onehippo/website-tutorial/tree/iteration-2-v11|
Go ahead and start with the first iteration!